UPOU Anniversary Forum on 21st Century Trends in Open and Distance Learning
The University of the Philippines Open University (UPOU) is celebrating its 15th anniversary on 23 February 2010 with an international forum on trends in open and distance education in the 21st century.
The forum features the following topics and speakers:
- Openness in Higher Education Dr. Curtis J. Bonk, Professor, Department of Instructional Systems Technology Indiana University, USA
- Pedagogies for a Digital Age Dr. Jan Herrington, Professor, School of Education Murdoch University, Australia
- e-Learning and Transnational Education Dr. Benito Teehankee Director, Center for Social Responsibility for Human Development Ramon V. del Rosario Sr. Graduate School of Business De La Salle University, Philippines
- Networks in Open and Distance Learning Dr. Tian Belawati, Rector, Universitas Terbuka, Indonesia and President, Asian Association of Open Universities
- Universal Access Dr. Basheerhamad Shadrach, Executive Director, Telecentre.org Foundation, India
- Public Service in Open and Distance Learning Dr. Grace Javier Alfonso, Chancellor, UP Open University, Philippines
The two-hour forum is part of an anniversary program that begins at 8 AM and ends at noon.
The venue is the UPOU Centennial Center for Digital Learning Building at the UPOU Headquarters in Los Baños, Laguna.